This year, the United Nations top scientists released a report saying that we need to keep global warming below 1.5 C degrees to prevent catastrophic climate disasters and suggested ways to achieve this.
This CVF Summit is the first online gathering of leaders and heads of governments. It is therefore the perfect opportunity for citizens to mobilise globally and make their voices heard. Online actions are easy to execute. This one is simple and straightforward. We want to make sure that on the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd of November all social media platforms globally are vibrating with the same ask. Leaders should take notice! They should know that citizens of the world want climate action and want it now!
This will be the last important climate mobilisation moment before COP24. Governments should realize that their citizens are watching and are concerned for their children’s future and potential life on this planet.
This online Summit is an opportunity to really embrace the low-emissions technologies we have been advocating for years. Our social media presence will demonstrate that we walk the talk and do what we preach. It will say that we too will do our business using innovative technological advances.
So please engage. Here is an example:
- Take a selfie holding a piece of paper as a sign saying:
Take your photo, use your own language if you prefer. See below:
- Tweet and Instagram the photo using the hashtags #StepUp2018 #VirtualClimateSummit and a text calling on world leaders to act. You can use any of the below suggested texts or choose your own but please use these hashtags and tag @TheCVF
– What are world leaders waiting for? We’re running out of time! Step up #ClimateAction now. #StepUp2018 #VirtualClimateSummit @TheCVF
– I’m calling on world leaders to step up their #ClimateAction and keep coal, oil & gas in the ground now! #StepUp2018 #VirtualClimateSummit @TheCVF
– #ClimateAction is the only way to more jobs and a healthier world #StepUp2018 #VirtualClimateSummit @TheCVF
– I’m calling on world leaders to step up their commitments to stop catastrophic #climatechange #StepUp2018 #VirtualClimateSummit @TheCVFLet’s all be part of this global mobilisation starting 21 November and make it viral. It’s our chance to be Heard!