Supporting the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument expansion is one of the biggest thing that we can do locally to promote healthy forests, carbon sequestration, and biological diversity before the end of the Obama adminstration.
We are hoping for a good turnout for the Jackson County public meeting, Thursday, October 27 at 6pm, North Medford HS Commons. (If you would like to carpool from Ashland, Contact Jeanine Moy (541-488-5789) and meet at the KS Wild office. Departure at 5pm.
From Jeanine –
What to expect: This is the second hearing and is likely to bring out a larger showing of those in opposition to the expansion, and laden with mis-information – and thus all the more important to get around 50 supporters there – please bring your friends and neighbors!
- 3 minutes for elected officials up front
- First come, first speak – 1 minute for general public unless there aren’t a lot of attendees and then they might give more time
- Alternate between support and oppose
- It will be broadcast live on some TV channel. Not sure yet which one.
- There will be no invited speakers
Take away: let’s get their early to sign up to speak, hold some “I love my Monument” banners, make sure to get the right people in front of the TV cameras.