The Oregon 2022 Legislative Session ran for five short weeks through February into March. SOCAN took positions for or against a number of bills. This comprises a summary of the outcome with notes on local representatives’ voting record. SOCAN testimony is posted on the SOCAN blog. Please scroll down until you reach items posted in February.
Oregon Climate Action Plan
For several years a coalition of Oregon Climate Activists has been promoting comprehensive greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction legislation in the Oregon State Legislature. On March 10, 2020, Governor Brown signed Executive Order 20-04. Now the rule-making to implement the orders.
Latest Blog Posts
- SOCAN gets candidates to focus on the climate realitySeptember 27, 2022 - 8:45 am
- Like the Ocean We Rise: From Oregon to Tanzania, Young People Confront Climate ChangeSeptember 24, 2022 - 2:58 pm
- Big Oil ‘Exaggerates’ Jobs to Stall Climate Action, New Report AllegesSeptember 23, 2022 - 4:48 pm
- Western State Attorneys General Seek to Halt Capacity Expansion of GTN PipelineSeptember 23, 2022 - 4:45 pm
- Iconic PNW ‘trees of life’ are dying. Scientists now know whySeptember 1, 2022 - 7:47 am
- Alarmed?August 30, 2022 - 7:16 am
- Brief SOCAN Comments in support of old growth forest protectionAugust 28, 2022 - 12:20 pm
- Research: Rural Climate Change Opinions Are More Complicated Than You Might ThinkAugust 26, 2022 - 11:52 am
Medford Public Library
205 S. Central
7113 Griffin Lane
Jacksonville, OR 97530