Ashland Climate Action Resources – Educational Programs
- March 2022 Electrify Your Home. Speaker: Brian Stewart, Electrify Now.
- February 2022 Health Impacts of Gas Appliances . Panelists: Melanie Plaut, MD – OPSR Healthy Climate Action Team & 350PDX Fossil Fuel Resistance Team; Theodora Tsongas, PhD, MS – OPSR Healthy Climate Action Team; Ann Turner, MD – OPSR Healthy Climate Action Team; and Samantha Hernandez – OPSR Climate Justice Organizer
- December 2021 After the Summer of ’21: Checking in With Local Growers. Panelists: Maud Macrory Powell, Assoc. Prof. of Practice, OSU Small Farms Josh Cohen, Barking Moon Farm, and Kathy O’Leary, Valley View Orchard
- November 2021 Community Driven Leadership. Panelists: Ashland Mayor Julie Akins and Interim City Manager Gary Milliman.
- September 2021 Collaborative Conservation: What Successful Forest Restoration Can Teach Us About Climate Action. Speaker: Susan Jane M. Brown, Staff Attorney, Western Environmental Law Center
- August 2021 Rethinking Streets: Lessons for Ashland. Speaker: Dr. Marc Schlossberg, Professor of City and Regional Planning in the University of Oregon School of Planning, Public Policy and Management and Co-Director of the Sustainable Cities Institute.
- July 2021 Electric Landscaping Tools: All you need to know
- April 2021 “Natural” Gas: The Fossil Fuel You Came to Love (Part 1)
- April 2021 “Natural” Gas: The Fossil Fuel You Came to Love (Part 2)